Paleo Recipes: Three-Herb Beef Patties
I served these to the kids last night after a long, hard day of high school and extra curriculars. Made the patties earlier and cooked them when we got home. So quick and easy and the kids loved them.
This recipe is just one of many in Mickey Trescott’s beautifully photographed book, The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook which you can buy in hardback on Amazon or as an e-book.
Please share this recipe. Buttons are to the left and at the end of the post.
Three-Herb Beef Patties
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon solid cooking fat
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, fresh herbs, and sea salt.
- 2. Form into 12 patties using the palms of your hands.
- 3. Heat some of the cooking fat in a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Cook the patties for about 5-8 minutes a side, until nicely browned on the outside and cooked throughout.
- Variation: Bake them in the oven for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees or make meatballs instead of patties and serve with Roast Spaghetti Squash and Coconut Pesto
Adapted from The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook: An Allergen-Free Approach to Managing Chronic Illness
Mickey Trescott lives in Seattle, Washington with her crafty husband and a rather pudgy russian-blue cat. She works part-time as a cook for a local family and studies nutrition, blogs, and obsessively knits socks in her spare time.
After recovering from her own struggle with both Celiac and Hashimoto’s disease, adrenal fatigue, and multiple vitamin deficiencies, Mickey started to blog about her experiences at Autoimmune Paleo.
Her hope is to give others on a similar path a resource to find information and help them realize that they are not alone in their struggles. She also aims to provide a supportive environment for those seeking better health in the face of autoimmunity.
You can follow Mickey on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Are you struggling to sustain a paleo lifestyle change? Or not sure how to start? Or perhaps those around you are resistant and you're feeling undermined and unsure. The Modern, No-Nonsense Guide to Paleo provides practical tools to ease the transition to a full-on paleo life. Each chapter includes strategies, tips and checklists to identify the actions to power you on your paleo journey and create sustainable change. Buy it at Amazon.com.