Paleo Recipes: Paleo Bread
Paleo bread! This got made last night. Be careful! It is seriously yummy! This is from the brand, spanking new paleo cookbook from gluten-free aficionado, Elana Amsterdam, Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry. Please share! Buttons are to the left and at the end of the post.
A little gem of grain-free deliciousness, Paleo Bread works well with both savory and sweet toppings.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup golden flax meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
over very low heat
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Yields one loaf (about 12 slices).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 7 by 3-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, pulse together the almond flour, flax meal, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vinegar and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 1 hour, then serve.
- Reprinted with permission from Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes by Elana Amsterdam (Ten Speed Press, 2013). Photo Credit: Leigh Beisch.
Adapted from Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes
Elana is a popular food blogger who has been grain-free for over a decade. On her blog, Elana’s Pantry, she shares her gluten-free and paleo recipes. Elana is the author of two previous books, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook and Gluten-Free Cupcakes.
In her new book, Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry, she transforms simple, classic family favorites, such as pancakes and ice cream, using paleo-friendly ingredients. You can find out more about Elana at her website: Elana’s Pantry and on Facebook. Photo provided courtesy of elanaspantry.com